Pittsburgh Truck Accident Lawyer
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents in Pennsylvania
Accidents that happen when a commercial truck collides with a passenger vehicle often cause catastrophic injuries and sometimes death. Due to the immense size and weight of a large truck or tractor-trailer, the impact on a passenger vehicle is often extreme and devastating. Injuries sustained by survivors of truck accidents can be severe and life-changing. Examples include:
- Brain injuries: Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries sustained in truck accidents are often severe because of the sheer force of the impact. Some may result in death. Survivors may suffer from lifelong mental or physical damage.
- Broken Bones: Fractures and breaks are among the most common injuries in truck accidents. The severity of bone injuries varies among injured people; however, all likely require some medical attention. Many victims who suffer bone fractures need surgery, a cast, traction, physical therapy, and rehab. Some may be permanently disabled.
- Burns: Vehicle fuel tanks or tanker trucks carrying flammable chemicals or material can explode in a collision. Burns often require surgical repair and reconstruction. Scarring and disfigurement resulting from burns is often permanent.
- Fatal injuries: Tragically, truck accident victims are often fatally injured. If you have lost a loved one as a result of an accident involving a commercial truck, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable parties. The Pittsburgh and Harrisburg personal injury lawyers at The Moyles Law Firm will fight to ensure that those responsible for your loss are held accountable.
- Internal injuries: Internal bleeding and organ damage can be fatal. The liver, spleen, kidneys, bladder, pancreas, or other organs can be harmed due to the blunt force trauma of a truck accident.
- Loss of Limb: Losing a finger, foot, hand, arm, or leg drastically alters a person’s life. Amputations may occur during a truck accident, or they may be medically necessary as a result of a trucking accident. Victims will require ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, and possibly expensive prosthetic devices.
- Neck and back injuries: Truck accident victims often suffer injuries to the muscles, discs, nerves, and vertebrae of the neck and back. Whiplash, sprains, strains, and herniated discs in the back and neck can cause chronic pain and decreased mobility.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can result in temporary or permanent paralysis including quadriplegia, paraplegia, tetraplegia and hemiplegia. People with spinal cord injuries will likely require lifelong medical care and assistance with the basic tasks of everyday life.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Pittsburgh at the Moyles Law Firm for Truck Accidents throughout Pennsylvania
If you have been injured in a commercial truck or tractor-trailer accident in Pennsylvania, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies try to offer inadequate settlements to truck accident victims without legal representation. The truck accident lawyers at the Moyles Law Firm are committed to obtaining the maximum amount of compensation for Pennsylvania residents injured in tractor-trailer accidents for medical bills, lost wages, future medical bills, disability, permanent loss, and pain and suffering.
We have offices located in Pittsburgh and Harrisburg to help those injured in truck accidents throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania. Contact us online or call 412-281-1055 or 717-233-5400 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a reputable Pittsburgh truck accident lawyer.