Harrisburg Car Accident Lawyers for Poor Road Conditions and Defectively Designed Highways
There are times when a car accident results from poor road conditions or a highway that is defectively designed. Defects in the roadway, poorly designed highways and improper road maintenance make conditions ripe for a car accident. There are various governmental agencies that are responsible to maintain roadways to ensure they are safe for motorists. When local and state agencies fail to provide motorists with safe roads free from hazards, the risk of a car accident increases and car accident victims may pursue damages for their injuries.
Poorly Maintained Roads
The following are some indicators for poor roadway maintenance that can contribute to a car accident:
- Excessive cracks in the roadway, uneven pavement or sudden overhangs on a highway
- Broken pavement and eroding road surfaces leading to sinkholes
- Missing guardrails
- Icy and snowy conditions left untreated
Failure to properly maintain roads is a preventable cause of serious car accidents.
Defectively Designed Roadways
Poorly designed roadways and defectively designed roadways create dangerous driving conditions for motorists exposing them to a potential car crash. Some typical defects in roadway design include:
- Poorly constructed high-traffic intersections, dangerous turns and roadways that are prone to flooding.
- Negligently designed highways that create excessively dangerous road conditions.
- Roadways that obstruct drivers’ line of vision including on curved and mountainous roads.
- Highway construction work zones with unmarked or inadequate barricades.
- Intersections or highways without adequate signals or signs, such as stop signs or traffic lights.
- Substandard or inadequate signage to alert drivers of detours, closed lanes or temporary speed limits.
- Roadways without a shoulder for vehicles to pull over in the event of an emergency.
Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyers at the Moyles Law Firm Represent Accident Victims due to Poor Road Conditions
Pursuing a car accident claim to protect your rights and recover compensation for your injuries due to a highway defect requires the skill and experience of a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer. Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers at The Moyles Law Firm skillfully represent car accident victims to hold responsible parties liable for their injuries as well as for any property damage. Our experienced lawyers will diligently and aggressively fight to prove that a third party acted negligently in its responsibility to provide a safe roadway and failed to appropriately alert drivers of the potentially dangerous road. Mr. Moyles is committed to helping accident victims and their families get the justice they deserve. Call our Pittsburgh car accident lawyers today at 412-281-1055 or 717-233-5400 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.